Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Insulting the French

So I took this geography field class to fill my diversity credits so I could graduate in December and it just happened to be this last weekend all day Saturday and Sunday...thus I missed out on both the world cup and a real weekend as well. But I digress, the real point is that I got a text message informing me of Italy's win over France and my first comment was that it was too bad such a team of poor sport cheap players won. I then moved on to comment on one of my least favorite European countries, France. I basically said that it's not like I really wanted the French to win either, but I would have rather had those wussy jerks win over Italy. I elaborated that at least Italy as a country was nice and that I was even amazed at myself that I would want a lame country such as France to win the cup. About this time this girl chimes in, "I'm French." I tried to save it, but it was a brick wall...I dug my hole and I honestly would've rather just doubled over and laughed, but my sense of decentcy took over and killed that little pipe dream. Still funny though...

My final thought: You gotta be freaking kidding me, what the heck! What are the chances, besides slim to none, that someone that likes the French, let alone a person who holds dual citizenship is standing right behind me as I make a totaly donkey kong out of myself? I'm not talking any more. I give it up. Geez, thanks again for humility God...teach me in a way that doesnt suck next time would ya...oy! I hope you all get a laugh at my expense!

__________



2 Comments:

Blogger georgia said...

Ha! An embarrassing dilemma. :) Did you have a snappy comeback like, "But I love French women"?

Tue Jul 11, 10:08:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Jeni said...

You know what's funny? I completely agree with you on all points. I don't really like France, but I REALLY didn't want Italy to win the World Cup... Then again, I really didn't care who won after Sweden was eliminated...

Tue Jul 11, 11:06:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home