Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Encouragement

I have been experiencing some extreme encouragement lately. In a time that I didnt even know that I needed it. But now I look back at the last week and how I have been spiritually attacked and I realize why the encouragement has been there. God is so good. I love that Third Day song...You are so good to me, You heal my broken heart, You are my Father in heaven.

I can think of two specific instances that were especially encouraging and I just wanted to say thank you to those three people by posting how it encouraged me. If you want to mention your identity in the comments section, go for it.

1.) I talked to my dad last week and in spending time together he mentioned that _____ had said about me that I am doing well and I really have everything together. My instant response to my dad was to say, "Yeah, if _____ only knew what was really going on." But later on it made me think about victory in my Christian walk and how much I yearn to have victory over my struggles. Having _____ say this about me made me think about my Christ identity and urged me on to think about myself as permanently saved by grace...IN EVERY AREA OF MY LIFE. I'd been living in victory in certain things, in shame in others, but being saved by grace revealed to me that I already had the victory and I just needed to live like it. Imagine for yourself the ensuing chain reactions...

2.) I may be silly that such a simple thing as encouraging me that I will find a good wife where I am least expecting it would matter, but it does. I am surrounded by a culture that tells me to sleep with whoever, whenever. As long as it feels good do it. Sometimes I wish I could live that way just so I could find some "love", but then in my heart and spirit I know that God has called me to something much different. Despite negative encouragement to just "be young and have fun" because I am "too young to be tied down", I cant help but feel the higher call to gaurd myself and wait for my wife. It hurts me not only that this Christian friend of mine is encouraging me to mess with others and my own emotions, but also that he himself is engaged in the too young to be tied down mentality even though he is physically older than I. I guess that's a seperate issue anyway... Anyway, thank you ____ for spurring me on and rooting for me...and especially for letting me know that you are.

I am so thankful for my extended family here @ Hillside! You guys are all so loving and encrouraging. I love being a part. I am so thankful for all my friendships and relationships. Yeah, I'm a softy...shut-up...

__________



2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I am so happy to hear that you are being encouraged by people in your life! It's always such a blessing. And I can totally relate to both of your situations-- In terms of the first, I am actually reminded of something Pastor L said in church not long ago that really got me-- He said basically, that we are always doing better than we think we are. Such a simple thing, but so true! :)
Thanks for sharing this post--It is, in itself an encouragement on its own!

Sun Jul 02, 11:08:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

keep on keeping on !!

Mon Jul 03, 11:11:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home