Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I'm Neurotic! But Please, No Narcotics...


I think I have a mild grade of post dramatic stress disorder.

It was last summer about this time of the year when my car got broken into the first time. It was on the street in front of my parents house...my parents house! It really hit me hard. Nothing was stolen, no harm to the car except for the window, but still, it really bothered me.

I had a severe emotional reaction not because they broke my window or tried to take my belongings, but because they had the guts to do. A car is a just a material good, but the fact that they broke into my car bothered me because it's mine, not anyone else's. Not like I really would've shared if they had asked, but it hit me really hard and bother me quite a bit that some childish person out there could come back at any moment and destroy/steal more of my property without any repercussions.

Since then, I spend over an hour forcing myself to sleep through any noise or bussle anytime my car is parked outside. The tick of a clock is enough to make my adrenaline rush unchecked through my system. My mind thinks first of the worst, then I must spend the next few minutes of quiet talking myself out of it so I don't have to go outside and take a look around. I usually believe myself just as the wind blows and the mental arguing resumes...

Thank the Lord for garages - I park my car there and sleep like a baby.

__________



6 Comments:

Blogger digapigmy said...

you want to know what makes it real hard to sleep at night? the knowledge that at any given time in the middle of the night there are one or two groups of teenagers (illegaly) wandering around the neighborhood and that your daughter's friends are some of them. i need to get some bars on the windows (i wasn't a punk a$$ too long ago to remember). i long for the peace of thinking someone might be breaking into my car

Fri Jul 29, 09:25:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Murdoc said...

Digapigmy,
Your daughter might be one of those teenagers roaming the streets without you knowing...sleep tite!

Fri Jul 29, 09:37:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger frad-ster said...

murdoc,
Your wife might be one too...she's about the right age...

Fri Jul 29, 09:40:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger Murdoc said...

Jealous?

Fri Jul 29, 09:58:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger frad-ster said...

I've been caught

Fri Jul 29, 10:09:00 AM PDT

 
Blogger digapigmy said...

murdoc - that is exactly the reason i don't sleep tight. but, the real issue is that there is no way that it is ever, in any way, excusable to use the imaginary word "tite". that's just wrong

Fri Jul 29, 08:39:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home