Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

?!?G-String?!?


This morning a woman friend of mine asked me, "Why is a G-string called a G-string?" Well, of course my natural first response was..."WHAT?!?!?" Shortly followed by, "I have no idea - shouldn't you know since you're the one that wears them?"

Turns out this wacky question of the 'unmentionable' nature had been passed to her by a friend who, most likely, was asked by someone else too. This is one of those questions that keeps circulating around until someone is brave enough to actually scowl the internet for the answer. So, what did I do? I did exactly what any young man would do! I made my lady friend search the internet for me! Turns out the internet has it narrowed down to 3 possibilities, none of which seems to inspire me to believe them.

Maybe someday modern etymologists will solve the mystery of the lost linguistic history of this skimpy garment, but for now I think I'll leave it to them to spend their time researching the origin of the term while I revert to childish ness and call it by it's lamemans name, 'Butt floss'...

If etymologists can ever solve the mystery of why it's called 'butt floss' I'll call up Budweiser and see what I can do about getting them a 'We salute you, Mr. Etymologist Man' commercial.

__________



1 Comments:

Blogger digapigmy said...

dude, it totally looks like a "g" when you make a couple strategic cuts and put it in the shape of a "g"

Fri Jul 22, 07:09:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home