Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Money Orders and eBay

I recently bid on the 1st Season of the TV show 'Scrubs'. First off, if you haven't seen this show, do so...the hilarity will ensue for many hours the first, second, and thousandth time through. Go see the web-link...it'll tell you all about it. Anyway, back to my anger. So, I bid on this thinking I'd never even win because I had a low bid. Turns up I did win, OK, no problem right. Well, genius I am, I didn't read the description - "Money Order or Cashiers Check Only". What the freak! That is so not cool! There is a reason why eBay set up a partner website called PayPal...because it's everyone's pal when it comes to paying!

OK, I got over it...I go down to the bank and get a stinking money order. What can that cost anyway? $1? $2? NO!! $4!! GREAT!! Now the price of my item has increased two-fold since I bought it...not only do I have to pay shipping, I have to pay $4.37 to get the money order out to this shmuck. PayPal buddy...PayPal! Go away from eBay, go sell on Yahoo! auctions where I will never see you again. Nothing personal, I just can't stand that you're too lazy to take 5 minutes to set up a PayPal account.

Now, I do realize that PayPal charges fees for using their service...it would've been a whopping 40 cents for my transaction...ouch...that hurts you doesn't it buddy? Better yet, it wouldn't hurt you at all if you just pass on the cost to me...a factor of 10 less surcharge would leave me giddy and smiling like a schoolgirl :) Instead you leave me feeling like I've just been tricked to try on my friends g-string from my last post. Thank you not Mr Money Order Man, you have officially ruined my lunch hour...

At least tomorrow is Friday...

__________



2 Comments:

Blogger digapigmy said...

i don't understand the whole "no paypal" deal on e-bay either. kind of defeats the purpose. and there's no fees on paypal unless you have one of the more "sophisticated" accounts. Scrubs is awesome. i love that show! my wife hates that i love it. i want to borrow it when you're done.

welcome to the blogging world. sorry it took me so long to find you.

Fri Jul 22, 07:11:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jeni said...

Hey, just in case you ever have to get a money order again--
At Raley's photo desk you can get a money order for one dollar, and it comes with a coupon for one dollar off groceries...

Sat Jul 23, 04:56:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home