Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A real life church BURN

I was recently out on the town for a friend's birthday when I ran into an old buddy of mine. We got to talking and I found out that he had recently left the church that he, his wife and daughter had been attending for the last few years. This guy had been burned by his church. "I am done, never going to church again," he said to me. My heart was broken. My spirit crushed. Not that he was a solid Christian in the first place, but he was there, he was asking to be reached out to, he was seeking; instead, his patience was tested and churchy lingo was thrown at him. There was not explanation, no body of Christ...just a burn.



It's going to take an act of God to bring him back to give it another shot, please pray for him, please pray for his wife and daughter. My heart cries out for them, I am sad.

__________



3 Comments:

Blogger sabu said...

before coming to hillside, my husband & i were also hurt by not one, but two churches. i was ready to quit, give up, no more church. christians are the worst!! my husband was not ready to quit, he quietly dragged me to a few churches until we found hillside(life center at the time). he didn't push, didn't make me go, didn't say anything, he just wouldn't let me quit, give up on church. i was allowed to just rest/heal at hillside. your friend will come back when he is ready, God will not let him get too far away.

Tue Jul 26, 05:41:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jeni said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Jul 26, 11:32:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Jeni said...

Sorry, that was me that deleted my comment. I messed up something...

And on the topic of that sort of hope, when I was in high school, I was burned by Life Center at a time when I was seeking God, not yet a Christian. But I gave it a second chance and I have been SO blessed by that... I have watched the church change under new leadership (Louie, you rock!)and a new name, and this is something that gives me hope. I will pray that your friend can find/return to a place that will give him that sort of hope.

Tue Jul 26, 11:35:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home