Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Saturday, February 25, 2006

David - Can I be like you?

The past two weeks the mens Bible study @ Cru has been talking about David. We started with his anointing last week and this week we talked about his battle vs. Goliath. It's really interesting to go back over this story with a real analytical outlook to see what was really going on. I just find it simply amazing how well David knew God. King Saul was asked to settle the battle with the philistines mano a mano style - one Israelite vs. Goliath. And for some reason, most likely the lion and the bear, Saul allows David to go up against this giant. To imagine the scale, imagine Moses Scofield taking on Joey Locke - now tell me, who would you bet on? I digress... David goes on to get suited up, but ends up refusing it because his body cannot support King Saul's armor. Now at this point if I were Saul I'd be worrying that I would be a Philistine slave pretty soon here, but still, God had his will done and David went on to fight the giant. Never backing down, David knocks the giant, armored Goliath on his face with A STONE!!! Something I didnt think about before - Goliath fell on his face. The significance of this is amazing - think about it this way...the Israelites fell on their face before God's holiness...Goliath did too, just not by his doing. God struck the giant down...to his face. How's that for a cool message?

__________



3 Comments:

Blogger TimmyMac said...

Goliath thought he was cool but he in the end he lost his head.

Sat Feb 25, 10:07:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Double D said...

I would take Joey, because while David had his sling and the stone to kill Goliath, I know Joey pretty well, well enough to know that he's usually always packin some kind of gun...it might just be air soft, but I'm sure if you shoot from close enough you could do some serious damage...even to Moses

Sat Feb 25, 10:14:00 PM PST

 
Blogger No(dot dot)el said...

i like the comparison of joey and moses. very good and my vote , joey is quick and armed it is possible he could take the giant(but don't tell him that)

Wed Mar 01, 10:42:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home