Proof that nobody ever know's what's going on...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A new job

I graduated college...a BS in ME. Exciting stuff...now what? I expected a raise when I had my review at my current job. I had a stellar review...above average and excellent marks on everything. So I did get a raise, a raise like a person who just got a stellar review would get. What about my DEGREE? I realize it's just a piece of paper, but it symbolizes something. Anyway...as you can guess, I was pretty pissed. Getting paid around 1/2 what you expect, receiving dismal benefits (and none for you wife), and working in a beat up warehouse all kind of added up over the last 9 months.

So I got a NEW job. I interviewed with a couple companies while still working at my current job and decided to go to IGT. They offered me - and Brenna - benefits at low cost to us, the right salary for my degree, and a mucho cool building with a workout center and a cafeteria! Super cool.

I think the scariest/least fun thing I had to do was to turn in my letter of resignation on Thursday...that was a weird experience. Dont most people go through this kind of stuff at 30? So, I start on Feb 20...thanks for all you prayers!

__________



6 Comments:

Blogger georgia said...

What will you be doing at your new job?

Sun Feb 04, 06:48:00 AM PST

 
Blogger JayBird said...

Congrats! You're going to be designing new gaming machines, aren't you?

Mon Feb 05, 09:27:00 AM PST

 
Blogger frad-ster said...

yep, new spiffy looking gaming devices

Mon Feb 05, 12:01:00 PM PST

 
Blogger georgia said...

Can you design one with an Archangel Eric theme?

Mon Feb 05, 05:30:00 PM PST

 
Blogger Destro Jones said...

Awesome! IGT always has looked like a fun place to be an ME. I was also looking at that same IGT job but I've invested too may years in my ME field to switch now. It sounded to me during our last conversation regarding jobby jobs that you were over qualified for Tripps anyway.

Mon Feb 05, 09:49:00 PM PST

 
Blogger digapigmy said...

good deal. igt is a sweet place to work. i might know some of your co-workers over there in the old engineering department. congrats

Wed Feb 07, 09:29:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home